Anyone who is a regular social media follower will know how much grá I have for not only the beers, but the people at Ballykilcavan! So it would not be an Advent Calendar for me if they weren’t involved.
Ballykilcavan Clancy’s Can #9 Strata IPA
- ABV: 6%
- Style: IPA with Strata & Citra Hops
- Brewery: Ballykilcavan
- Origin: Stradbally, Laois
Ballykilcavan Brewery is based at Ballykilcavan Farm, the home of the Walsh family since 1639. They brew their beers with barley and spring water sourced from the farm that has been in their family for 13 generations.
If you are lucky enough to be free in the September time, you will even be able to join the hop-picking from the hops they also grow on the farm!
- Appearance: Deep, murky, dark orange with a pillowy white head.
- Aroma: Dank, passionfruit, and pine.
- Flavour: Passionfruit, grapefruit, pine, with a long-lasting bitter finish.
- Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied with soft medium carbonation.