I don’t know about you, but this December (and year) has flown by! In our Craft Beer Advent Calendar, we have had some massive beers, but for Christmas Eve we wanted to finish with a beer that is inspired by the making of Christmas Pudding.
I think that nearly every family has a family tradition around Christmas Pudding, and a stout that represents that had to be our Christmas Eve beer! It also helps that the ABV is a bit lower so getting up early to see what Santa brought won’t be a problem!
Brehon Brewhouse Stir-Up Sunday
- ABV: 5%
- Style: Stout
- Brewery: Brewhon Brewhouse
- Origin: Inniskeen, Monaghan
- Appearance: Black opaque with short-lived tan head.
- Aroma: Dark-dried fruits, brown sugar, cocoa powder, with roasted coffee notes.
- Flavour: Brown sugar, dark dried fruits, dark chocolate powder, coffee, with a spicy finish.
- Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied with low soft carbonation.